We offer comfortable stone cottages and a restaurant bar nestled on the shore of beautiful Lake Atitlan. This wonderful hotel has both excellent service and great value-for-money.
Swimming, canoeing, hiking, diving, horseshoes, and bicycling are available. Tennis courts are nearby. Arrangements can be made for a first class guided horse back riding excursion or hike to a nearby cloud forest. Hire a motor boat to tour the lake or water ski.
Guides can always be found for hikes up the volcanoes or to the mountain ridges. For recreation, I personally recommend our lending library, the hammock in front of each room, and a drink.
Our accommodations We have a total of seventeen rooms and offer a wide range of choices to suit a variety of lodging and budgetary needs:
The three suites and seven cottages are built of volcanic stone; Hacienda Don Miguel Angel is a three bedroom country home and La Casita is a two bedroom cabin; Casa Orquidea, with four comfortable double rooms on the first floor and a conference room/dormitory on the second floor, is ideal for groups.
All of our rooms are tastefully decorated and have a private garden with a hammock.
The following daily prices include the use of mountain bikes, canoes, pool, hot tub, sauna, one half hour internet and 22% taxes.
Cottages & Suites:
- Six Individual Stone Cottages
- Our “standard double.” All have a double and a single bed; private bathroom with hot water; fireplace.
- Single $50
- Double $65
- Triple $75
The Junior Suite
- The Junior Suite has two bedrooms; queen-size bed & fireplace in one bedroom and two twin beds & television in the other; bath with tub; cable TV. Ideal for families.
- The Junior Suite accommodates up to four $85
- Casa Aguacatal
- Large loft-suite with a king-sized bed; in the open loft is a queen-sized bed; bath with shower; fireplace; cable TV; coffee maker.
- Casa Aguacatal accommodates up to four $85
- Casa Rosa (Gr Suite)
- Casa Rosa is a two-room luxury suite. It has a queen-size bed in the interior bedroom, two twin beds and sofa bed in the living room; doors in each room connect to the bathroom with a large tile tub; fireplace, cable TV. It has the good lake view.
- Casa Rosa accommodates up to four $100
- La Hacienda
- La Hacienda is a recently remodeled three bedroom/two bath house, suitable for up to six guests. One bedroom has two twin beds and two bedrooms each have a queen-sized bed, a large living room, fully equipped kitchen and a great view from the veranda.
- La Hacienda accommodates up to six $125
- Casa Cafetal
- Casa Cafetal is larger than the cottages and a little smaller than the suites—it has two double beds and one single bed, fireplace, cable television and coffee maker.
- One to four guests $75
- La Casita
- La Casita, recently restored and enlarged. It has two bedrooms (queen-sized beds), living room, large bathroom and a kitchen. It is behind La Hacienda, so does not have a view.
- La Casita accommodates up to five $60
- Casa Orquidea
- Casa Orquidea is a two-story building. On the first floor are four separate rooms with private bath. No. 16 & 18 have a queen-sized bed; Nos. 17 & 19 have two twin beds.
- Single $30
- Double $45
- Orquidea 20
- This unit is the second story, 1200 sq ft conference room/dormitory. It has two bathrooms and a kitchen with gas stove and refrigerator. This unit is only available to students or families with children who rent the entire building.
- Up to four guests $60
- Five to twelve guests $15 p/p
- Special Group Rate: Orquidea 16,17,18,19 & 20
- Up to sixteen guests $250
- Seventeen to Twenty $300
- Five percent discount if you pay with cash.
- We accept Quetzals, Dollars, Euros, & Traveler's Checks.
- VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover, Bancared & Diners Club credit cards accepted. Q100 minimum purchase.
- There are two banks and one ATM in Santiago Atitlán.
- From Christmas Eve until New Year's Day & and From Palm Sunday until Easter Saturday: Three night minimum stay and add 15%
- We close for the month of September but will open for groups.
- No charge for children under two.
- Children two to ten, sharing a room with an adult, are charged five dollars.
- NO PETS
Of Special Note:
Our facilities have proven to be ideal for banquets, workshops, and retreats. Rising from the shore of Lake Atitlan, the Posada de Santiago is built from the re-assembled stones excavated from this gently sloping avocado grove.
Coffee grows in the shade of the avocado trees and is served in the restaurant (or in your room). The altitude, about a mile above sea level, provides the ideal climate for a wide variety of lush tropical vegetation to flourish.
The Hotel Posada de Santiago is located on the edge of the village of Santiago Atitlan Guatemala. While there are a number of ways of getting to the hotel most visitors usually go to Panajachel first then take a ferry.
Reliable Shuttle Services offer daily scheduled hotel and airport pick-up from Guatemala City, and Antigua to Panajachel. Taxis, vans or rented car can bring you directly to our Posada via the paved road from San Lucas TolimÃ¡n.
The most convenient way across Lake Atitlan from Panajachel is to take an express water taxi directly to our private dock. A less expensive option is to take the public ferry from Panajachel to the public dock in Santiago. We are 1.5 km from the dock, so you'll have to either walk or hire a three wheeled "Tuk-Tuk" (Q5 p/p) to reach the Posada.
Ferries depart Panajachel at 6:00am, 8:35am, 9:30am, 10:30am; & 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:30pm from the dock in front of the Hotel Porta del Lago.
The only airstrip on the lake is located nearby.
Note: In filling out and sending this form you are NOT committing yourself to anything.
* Name and email address required.