Two Week Guatemala Tour
- Rio Dulce
- Lake Atitlan
- Tour Copan and Tikal with a bi-lingual guide.
- Fly from Tikal to Guatemala City.
- Explore Mayan villages and markets.
- All ground transport in comfortable new vans with professional drivers
- Travel on your own – not in a big group doing everything together.
- Unlike most Guatemala Packages our tours can be modified to meet your individual interests, needs, schedule and budget. Contact us and we will be happy to make arrangements.
The Full Itinerary:
- Day 1 ~ Antigua
Fly to Guatemala City then by van to Antigua
- pm Arrive in Guatemala City and transfer to the Spanish colonial capital, Antigua.
Cathedral in Antigua
- Day 2 ~ Antigua
Climb Volcano Pacaya or explore Antigua
- For the energetic, climb Pacaya, one of Guatemala's – or for that matter, one of the world's most active volcanos.
- pm Rest, or take time to explore the fascinating and colorful city of Antigua. Why not visit Nimpo't, a museum/retail store with the world's largest collection of Mayan textiles?
There are also dozens of gift, textile, and antique stores to tempt you, plus the kaleidoscopic outdoor market full of contemporary Mayan handicrafts.
- Day 3 ~ Visit Mayan village
Take a van to Sacatepequez R/T
- am/pm Tour exploring the Mayan villages of the region, including your choice of a visit to a macadamia or a coffee plantation.
Enjoy the fertile and breathtakingly beautiful countryside that surrounds Antigua.
- Day 4 ~ Copan Town And Las Sepultras
Take a van to Copan
- am Drive to the town of Copan, a former tobacco farming village, in preparation for tomorrows visit of this most magnificent Mayan site. There is also an option to fly to Copan in a small airplane.
- pm Visit the smaller Mayan site of Las Sepultras, a few kilometers away, which will give you an interesting look into daily family life in the Mayan era with its large decorative carvings and stelae.
- Day 5 ~ Copan Town And Las Sepultras
- am/pm Spend the day touring this impressive site, where construction was believed to have begun in the year 100 A.D.
Uncover further secrets of the lost Mayan world.
- Day 6 ~ Rio Dulce & Livingston
Take a van to Rio Dulce then a boat to Livingston
- am Drive on to Rio Dulce and take a boat ride down the river to Livingston, a different view of Guatemala where the Garifuna people live, this is an interesting twist of Carribean mixed with Guatemalan.
- pm Spend the afternoon exploring the town.
- Day 7 ~ Rio Dulce to Flores & El Remate
Go by boat back to Rio Dulce then by van to Flores and El Remate
- am Take a boat trip back down the spectacular Rio Dulce, where the scenery is the main attraction, with its river wildlife, tropical vegetation and expanding hills.
- pm will eventually arrive at the main road heading towards the Peten, where your driver will be meeting you to take you to Flores and onto a wonderful family-run hotel right in the heart of the jungle.
- Day 8 ~ Canopy Tour OR Explore Yaxha
Take a Canopy Tour OR Explore Yaxha
- Standard Tour: am/pm Take a thrilling ride through the jungle canopy on a zip line, then take a walking tour of Flores.
- Deluxe Tour: am/pm You head off to the Yaxha lagoon, to visit the sites of Yaxha ("Green Water"). Yaxha is a seldom visited, ruined city on the Northern shore of the Yaxha Lake.
Make sure not to miss the breathtaking view of the lagoon, and the forest canopy from the top of Temple 216. Return later to the hotel, to enjoy dinner while listening to yet more jungle sounds. Watch those monkeys!!
- Day 9 ~ Tikal
Take a van to Tikal and take the tour of Tikal.
- am Transfer to Guatemala City Airport for a flight up to Flores and on to the Tikal National Park, a protected area of some 370 square kilometers, situated on the edge of the Mayan biosphere reserve.
It is home to hundreds of species including spider monkeys, toucans – even jaguars.
Enjoy a tour with a bi-lingual guide of the mystical, magnificent ruins of the lost Mayan world.
- pm After lunch, either return to the Park to investigate further, or head back to the hotel for a leisurely afternoon by the pool.
- Day 10 ~ Flores to Guatemala City to Lake Atitlan
From Flores fly back to Guatemala City then go by van on to Panajachel on Lake Atitlan.
- am/pm Return to Guatemala City and transfer on to Panajachel, the gateway to Lake Atitlan. Undoubtedly, this is one of the most spectacular lakes in the world, flanked by enormous volcanos.
- Day 11 ~ Lake Atitlan
Take a boat tour of Lake Atitlan
- am/pm Enjoy a one-day boat trip visiting some of the villages scattered around the shores of Lake Atitlan. This includes Santa Cruz La Laguna, and Santiago where you will get the chance to visit a textile museum and learn about indigenous weavings.
We will also make a brief stop in the village of San Antonio to admire the traditional costumes of the indigenous villagers; here the men dress in red woven shirts and short wool skirts.
- Day 12 ~ Chichicastenango
Take a van to Chichicastenango R/T
- am/pm Go to Chichicastenango to enjoy the famous Quiche Mayan market.
As well as offering an abundance of Guatemalan handicrafts, it provides a fascinating insight into local religious practices. A visit to the Santo Thomas church is a good example of how Mayan and catholic beliefs collide.
Return to Panajachel in the afternoon.
- Day 13 ~ Panajachel & Antigua
Take the van from Panajachel back to Antigua
- am/pm Spend your last morning soaking up the sun rays by the edge of the lake, and later return to Antigua and spend the afternoon shopping for last minute souvenirs and gifts.
- Day 14 ~ Antigua & Guatemala City
Take a van from Antigua to Guatemala City
- am Time to say goodbye. A van will take you to Guatemala City to fly back to your country of origin or continue on your journey.
- Standard Tour
- Only $1729 p/p dbl. occ. - 2 per. min.
- Two & Three star hotels
- Shared tours
- Shared transportation
- Deluxe Tour
- Only $2500 p/p dbl. occ. - 2 per. min.
- Four & five star hotels
- Private tours
- Private transportation
- You can modify the tours to meet you individual needs and interest.
- Discounts for triple, quadruple etc. occ.
- Organize a group and come for free! If you can get a group of 15 people together, and are willing take the responsibility of organizing the tour from your end, your trip is free. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
- What is included?
- Round trip flight to Flores to see Tikal
- Lunch on day 9
- An expert English/Spanish speaking guide in Tikal
- Entrance fees to all scheduled visits and sites
- Local tourism and sales taxes
- What is not included?
- Most meals
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Departure tax at the airport.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to your driver and tour guide
Note: Prices can vary – especially during Christmas and Easter.
Note: In filling out and sending this form you are NOT committing yourself to anything.
* Name and email address required.