One Week Guatemala Tour
- Lake Atitlan
- Tour Tikal with a bi-lingual guide.
- Fly round trip to Tikal included.
- Explore Mayan villages and markets.
- All ground transport in comfortable new vans with professional drivers
- Travel on your own – not in a big group doing everything together.
- Unlike most Guatemala Packages our tours can be modified to meet your individual interests, needs, schedule and budget. Contact us and we will be happy to make arrangements.
The Full Itinerary:
- Day 1 ~ Antigua
Fly to Guatemala City then by van to Antigua
- pm Arrive in Guatemala City and transfer to the Spanish colonial capital, Antigua.
Cathedral in Antigua
- Day 2 ~ Antigua
Climb Volcano Pacaya or explore Antigua
- For the energetic, climb Pacaya, one of Guatemala's – or for that matter, one of the world's most active volcanos.
- pm Rest, or take time to explore the fascinating and colorful city of Antigua. Why not visit Nimpo't, a museum/retail store with the world's largest collection of Mayan textiles?
There are also dozens of gift, textile, and antique stores to tempt you, plus the kaleidoscopic outdoor market full of contemporary Mayan handicrafts.
- Day 3 ~ Visit Mayan village
Take a van to Sacatepequez R/T
- am/pm Tour exploring the Mayan villages of the region, including your choice of a visit to a macadamia or a coffee plantation.
Enjoy the fertile and breathtakingly beautiful countryside that surrounds Antigua.
- Day 4 ~ Tikal
Take a van to GUA then fly to Flores and go by van to Tikal and take the tour of Tikal.
- am Transfer to Guatemala City Airport for a flight up to Flores and on to the Tikal National Park, a protected area of some 370 square kilometers, situated on the edge of the Mayan biosphere reserve.
It is home to hundreds of species including spider monkeys, toucans – even jaguars.
Enjoy a tour with a bi-lingual guide of the mystical, magnificent ruins of the lost Mayan world.
- pm After lunch, either return to the Park to investigate further, or head back to the hotel for a leisurely afternoon by the pool.
- Day 5 ~ Flores to Guatemala City to Lake Atitlan
From Flores fly back to Guatemala City then go by van on to Panajachel on Lake Atitlan.
- am/pm Return to Guatemala City and transfer on to Panajachel, the gateway to Lake Atitlan. Undoubtedly, this is one of the most spectacular lakes in the world, flanked by enormous volcanos.
- Day 6 ~ Chichicastenango
Take a van to Chichicastenango R/T
- am/pm Go to Chichicastenango to enjoy the famous Quiche Mayan market.
As well as offering an abundance of Guatemalan handicrafts, it provides a fascinating insight into local religious practices. A visit to the Santo Thomas church is a good example of how Mayan and catholic beliefs collide.
Return to Panajachel in the afternoon.
- Day 7 ~ Panajachel & Antigua
Take the van from Panajachel back to Antigua
- am/pm Spend your last morning soaking up the sun rays by the edge of the Lake, and later return to Antigua and spend the afternoon shopping for last minute souvenirs and gifts.
- Day 8 ~ Antigua & Guatemala City
Take a van from Antigua to Guatemala City
- am Time to say goodbye. A van will take you to Guatemala City to fly back to your country of origin or continue on your journey.
- Standard Tour
- Only $879 p/p dbl. occ. - 2 per. min.
- Two & Three star hotels
- Shared tours
- Shared transportation
- Deluxe Tour
- Only $1399 p/p dbl. occ. - 2 per. min.
- Four & five star hotels
- Private tours
- Private transportation
- You can modify the tours to meet your individual needs and interest.
- Discounts for triple, quadruple etc. occ.
- Organize a group and come for free! If you can get a group of 15 people together, and are willing take the responsibility of organizing the tour from your end, your trip is free. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
- What is included?
- Round trip flight to Flores to see Tikal
- Breakfast each day at the Jungle Lodge (Tikal), Hotel San Jorge (Antigua) and Jardines del Lago (Atitlan)
- Lunch at the Jungle Lodge
- An expert English/Spanish speaking guide in Tikal
- Entrance fee to Tikal
- Local tourism and sales taxes
- What is not included?
- Most meals
- Park and ruins entrance fees in Antigua @ $1.00 to $6.50 ea.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Tips to your driver and tour guide
Note: Prices can vary – especially during Christmas and Easter.
Note: In filling out and sending this form you are NOT committing yourself to anything.
* Name and email address required.